Learn By Doing
The preschool years are a time when learning and development abound as young children are naturally inquisitive and eager to learn. Gateway Academy’s Pre-K program has been intentionally designed to tap into this excitement through hands-on and discovery learning opportunities each day. Our dedicated and loving staff provide a safe, nurturing, and family-involved environment where children feel like they belong. Gateway’s Pre-K classes participate in the following….
- Daily Bible instruction exposing young children to God’s unending love and His Holy Word
- Character and social-emotional development
- Daily literacy instruction with a strong phonics focus
- Math, science, social studies, Spanish, music/movement, and art learning activities
- Daily physical activities provided through P.E. / recess for gross motor development
- Balanced approach of large group and small group learning experiences
- Differentiation of instructional levels to meet the individual needs of each and every child
Beyond the Books
Gateway Academy is built upon the cornerstone of a Biblical perspective from which students learn to view the world and their role in it. Our Pre-K classrooms are busy places where our students are actively engaged in their learning that has been designed around their developmental needs. Young children learn best when new information is presented to them in a format that is hands-on and manipulative in nature so they can experience their learning with all of their senses. We have chosen the A Beka curriculum, Handwriting Without Tears, Big Day in Pre-K, and Purposeful Design Mathematics for our foundational preschool curricula. Technology is integrated throughout classroom instruction and our students participate weekly in music, art, and preschool Chapel.
How To Register Your Child for The Gateway Academy
Call For Inquiry
(850) 654 – 9095
- PreK-3. Children who are potty-trained and turn three years old on or before September 1 are eligible for our PreK-3 program.
- PreK-4. Children must be four years old on or before September 1 to enroll in our PreK-4 program.
- School hours are 8:00am–2:30pm, with drop-off supervision beginning at 7:50am.
- All classes meet five days a week, Monday – Friday.
For more information or to schedule a tour, please contact admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Parents are Saying
Before my son started the PreK3 program at Gateway he often hid behind others and struggled to hold a crayon. However, within weeks at Gateway he started to write his name and his confidence was not only nurtured but began to soar. Years later, this school and these teachers have given my son the strongest foundational base through advanced education, biblical knowledge and acceptance.
I appreciate all that the staff at Gateway Academy have done to welcome my children and make them feel at home. They have made comments about how friendly the other students are at Gateway from the very first day they attended. The teachers were all wonderful about getting them adjusted and caught up in their classes. The students at Gateway were very warm and welcoming to the “new kids.”
Gateway Academy’s Christ centered education is building a foundation for our children that we believe is vital in this day and age. The curriculum and structure are proving to accelerate and challenge our girls to learn and grow.
-The Brannon Family