Learn By Doing
The preschool years are a time when learning and development abound as young children are naturally inquisitive and eager to learn. Gateway Academy’s PreK program has been intentionally designed to tap into this excitement through hands-on and discovery learning opportunities each day. Our dedicated and loving staff provide a safe, nurturing, and family-involved environment where children feel like they belong. Gateway’s PreK classes participate in the following….
- Daily Bible instruction exposing young children to God’s unending love and His Holy Word
- Character and social-emotional development
- Daily literacy instruction with a strong phonics focus
- Math, science, social studies, Spanish, music/movement, and art learning activities
- Daily physical activities provided through P.E. / recess for gross motor development
- Balanced approach of large group and small group learning experiences
- Differentiation of instructional levels to meet the individual needs of each and every child
Beyond the Books
Gateway Academy is built upon the cornerstone of a Biblical perspective from which students learn to view the world and their role in it. Our PreK classrooms are busy places where our students are actively engaged in their learning that has been designed around their developmental needs. Young children learn best when new information is presented to them in a format that is hands-on and manipulative in nature so they can experience their learning with all of their senses. We have chosen the A Beka curriculum, Handwriting Without Tears, Big Day in PreK, and Purposeful Design Mathematics for our foundational preschool curricula. Technology is integrated throughout classroom instruction and our students participate weekly in music, art, and preschool Chapel.
How To Register Your Child for The Gateway Academy
Call For Inquiry
(850) 654 – 9095
- PreK-3. Children who are toilet-trained and turn three years old on or before September 1 are eligible for our PreK-3 program.
- PreK-4. Children must be four years old on or before September 1 to enroll in our PreK-4 program.
- School hours are 8:30am–2:30pm, with drop-off supervision beginning at 7:50am.
- All classes meet five days a week, Monday – Friday.
For more information or to schedule a tour, please contact our lower school coordinator, Ms. Brittany Massinger, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.654.9095 ext. 227.
What Parents are Saying
On the first day of school, I attended the new parent orientation. I left feeling even more comfortable with our decision to send Meredith to Gateway. Everything Mrs. Dutram and her assistant talked about made me feel so at ease and confident that Meredith would be successful here, academically, socially, and emotionally.
I appreciate all that the staff at Gateway Academy have done to welcome my daughters and make them feel at home. They have made comments about how friendly the other students are at Gateway from the very first day they attended. The teachers were all wonderful about getting them adjusted and caught up in their classes. The students at Gateway were very warm and welcoming to the “new kids.”
– Kevin Wells
Gateway means a tremendous amount to my tiny family of three. It means I can drop my boys at school, and head off to work, knowing they are loved big, safe, and surrounded by edifying people who honestly live to grow them closer to God.
– Leah Petrey